ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
To be a competence center for serving the future needs and challenges of the society and industry through quality education in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
1. To develop innovative, competent and goal oriented Electrical and Electronics Engineers through cutting-edge technology.
2. Prepare socially responsible Electrical and Electronics Engineers for lifelong learning to meet intellectual and career changes.
3. To improve the quality of students through Industry-Institution Interactions.
Program Educational Objectives
PEO 1: Discipline Knowledge :Possession of a broad base knowledge of Electrical & Electronics Engineering for providing engineering solutions within the appropriate technology.
PEO 2: Teamwork & Communication :Capable of multi-discipline teamwork, effective communication and they can make a difference in the society.
PEO 3: Lifelong Learning: Able to generate a curiosity for learning in breadth and depth by undertaking higher level of education.
PEO 4: Ethics & Professionalism : Adopt professional and ethical standards, acquire an appreciation for workplace diversity.
Programme Specific outcomes
1. Apply modern hardware and software tools for design, stimulation and modeling of electrical systems to engage life-long learning and to successfully adapt in multi disciplinary environments.
2. Contribute for the development of electrical vehicles and green energy to meet the increasing sustainable demand of the society.
Introduction-EEE (Electrical & Electronics)
- Electrical engineers are responsible for the generation, transfer and conversion of electrical power, while electronic engineers are concerned with the transfer of information using radio waves, the design of electronic circuits, the design of computer systems and the development of control systems such as aircraft autopilots. These sought-after engineers can look forward to a rewarding and respected career.
Why should I learn electrical& electronics engg?
It is one of the most basic field of Engineering
Yet, it is the field which has tremendously advanced in technology-It is an exciting and dynamic field
The electricity sector in India had an installed capacity of 185.5 Gigawatt (GW) as of November 2011, the world’s fifth largest. Thermal power plants constitute 65% of the installed capacity, hydroelectric about 21% and rest being a combination of wind, small hydro, biomass, waste-to-electricity, and nuclear.
The International Energy Agency estimates India will add between 600 GW to 1200 GW of additional new power generation capacity before 2050
- Wide Range of Applications–> Power engineering ,Control engineering,Instrumentation ,Digital Signal processing,telecommunication etc
- Each Application is very diverse and fast developing for ex: power field
- Power field-deals with power generation, transmission and distribution
- In power sector, many technologies are fast developing and some under R&D
- Power system is getting more complex due to interconnection of a large no. of substation, power generation of different types, including renewable energies
- Also interconnection between different countries(ex: GCCIA Grid-between different gulf countries)
- So more advancements are happening- energy management to maintain proper frequency, voltage ,power balance and to maintain the stability of the system.
- Some of the most developing technologies are-HVDC transmission ,FACTS, Smart Grid Technologies ,Energy Management, System Stability
- Civil Engineering (120 seats)
- Mechanical Engineering (120 seats)
- ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING (60 seats)
ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING (60 seats)
MOHAMED IQBAL T